Friday, December 10, 2010

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas or Merry X-mas?

I am personally not a very religious person per say but I do believe people have a right to express their holiday cheers. Whether they use the words "happy holidays", "merry Christmas", or "merry x-mas" it's all about personal preference. This is the United States of America is it not? The land of the free and proud American’s who were given the right of speech by the United States Constitution. In this article by Eileen published by "In The Pink", bashes on businesses trying to appeal to the public and not just Christians by saying "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas." Wasn't Jesus Christ believed to be Jewish and quoted from this article, "The naughty businesses don’t say Merry Christmas. Instead, they say Happy Holidays. That just makes me sick. The last time someone said Happy Holidays to me, I screamed I DIDN’T KNOW THIS WAS A JEWISH ESTABLISHMENT and promptly took my business elsewhere." This quote makes absolutely no sense to me and is completely absurd to affiliate a business with the Jewish people. I'm sorry Eileen but the way you come off in this article you chose to write for the world to see makes you sound like a complete idiot. The Christian religion is not the only religion who believes in "God" and Jesus Christ and Eileen's quote, "Well, that is fun. Sure, businesses might be trying to appeal to all their customers, and not just Christians, but if you’re not Christian, what are you doing buying presents anyway? Why don’t you go back to worshiping nature or some other bullshit?" is completely unnecessary. I know the Constitution gave us the right of speech but Eileen is abusing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment